MASON P. ASHE, Founder & CEO of Ashe Sports & Entertainment Consulting, Inc., has over 25 years of experience as a sports and/or entertainment attorney, sports agent, talent manager, and corporate consultant. Mr. Ashe has also taught Sports Law as an Adjunct Professor since 2003. He is currently the Academic Director of the Georgetown University (week-long) Sports Industry Management Institute for High School Students (Summer), and is also an Adjunct Lecturer at the Wharton Business School of the University of Pennsylvania (Fall), and the Howard University School of Law (Spring).
Mr. Ashe has served as the lead contract negotiator, talent manager, brand strategist, and/or legal counsel for some of the most notable professional athletes (competing in the NBA, NFL, WNBA, Olympics, World Rugby, Long Drive Golf World Series, Madden e-Sports, and professional basketball leagues globally), sports teams, entertainers (singer/songwriters, music producers, and instrumentalists), on-air personalities (news and sports anchors), comedians, celebrity chefs, authors, senior leadership at publicly traded and privately owned businesses, film producers, investors in platforms and delivery mechanisms to commercialize talent, producers of TV and web-based reality shows, and a few pioneers of online social media changing the way digital content is created, published, distributed, and consumed. He has also enjoyed being an Industry Advisor to a network of financial and wealth managers.
Mr. Ashe earned a BA degree in Psychology from Hamilton College, and a Juris Doctor degree from the State University of New York at Buffalo Law School. He also successfully completed The Procter & Gamble Distributing Company - Executive Sales Management Training Program before attending law school.
A few of Mr. Ashe’s career highlights include:
- Designed curricula, lectured, and coordinated speakers while serving as Academic Director for the Georgetown University 7-day summer course on Global Sports Management and Sports Law attended by 150 high school students from across the globe (Summer 2016 and 2017);
- Author, Lawyers Who Connect Win the Talent Game, ABA LAW PRACTICE TODAY (January 2015);
- Designed curricula and lectured on business topics and legal issues related to sports and talent management while serving as Industry Advisor for the research, development and launch of Morgan Stanley’s Global Sports & Entertainment Group (2014-2015);
- Sports Lawyer of the Year Award, National Bar Association Annual Conference (July 2015);
- Distinguished Alumni Award for Business, SUNY Buffalo Law Alumni Association (May 2015);
- Executive Producer of unprecedented musical on ice featuring 16 figure-skaters of color at the historic Lincoln Theater (Washington, DC, 2003);
- Listed: 101 Most Influential Minorities in Sports, SPORTS ILLUSTRATED (2003 and 2004).
Mr. Ashe lives in Bethesda, Maryland with his wife and their daughter.